1. Do you lose time from work due to drug
2. Is drug use making your home life
3. Do you use drugs because you are shy
with other people?
4. Is drug use affecting your
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drug
6. Have you gotten into financial
difficulties as a result of your drug use?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an
inferior environment when using drugs?
8. Does your drug use make you careless of
your family’s welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since using
10. Do you crave a drug at a definite
11. Do you want a drug the next
12. Does your drug use cause you to have
difficulties in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since
14. Is your drug use jeopardizing your job
15. Do you use drugs to escape from
worries or troubles?
16. Do you use drugs
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of
18. Has your physician ever treated you
for drug use?
19. Do you use drugs to build your
20. Have you ever been in a hospital or
institution on account of drug use?
If you answered “yes” to 3 questions,
it suggests you probably have a drug problem.
If you answered “yes” to 4-7 questions, it
suggests you may be in an early stage of drug addiction.
If you answered “yes” to 7-10 questions,
it suggests you may be in the second stage of drug addiction.
If you answered “yes” to more than 10
questions, it suggests you may be in end-stage drug addiction.
Developed from the Johns Hopkins University addiction self-test